Milestone 2, December 2011
- AF and ER languages are now supported in addition to PD
- A utility script "sbgnutil" has been added for validating SBGN-ML, and for converting M1 to M2
- Support for high-level validation using Schematron (in addition to low-level XSD validation)
- The schema is now fully extensible through the Extension element
- Java and C++ bindings have been updated
Major API Changes between Milestone 1 and Milestone 2:
- Arcs must have id's, so you must call arc.setId() before writing out.
- Map must have a language attribute, so you must call Map.setLanguage() before writing out
- The GlyphClazz, ArcClazz and Language enums have been added to help ensure correctness of string values.
- An arc can now have multiple subGlyphs, so a construct like arc.setGlyph(g) must be replaced with arc.getGlyph().add(g) or similar.
- The glyph class "stiochiometry" has been renamed to "cardinality". The use of stoichiometry as a glyph class is no longer allowed.
- New classes and methods have been added to support the AF and ER languages, such as Callout, Entity, etc.
- Please note that two utility classes have been added to help backwards compatibility, namely: ConvertMilestone1To2 and SbgnVersionFinder
Milestone 1, January 2011
- First public release
- Support reading / writing of the PD language only. AF and ER are not supported.
- Graphics are stored only at the global level, i.e. the bounding boxes of glyphs can be stored, but other graphical properties such as color and line-thickness are not supported.
- Support low-level validation using XSD Schema
- Both java and C++ bindings are available