- Progress is designated using "milestones", to avoid confusion with the SBGN Levels and versions
- This roadmap is about SBGN-ML only. Various LibSBGN implementations are expected to follow closely.
Milestone 1 (Released, Jan 2011)
- Targeting PD Level 1 Version 1.2
- Edge routing
- Not yet complete definition of fonts and shapes.
- XML Schema for validation
Milestone 2 (Released, Dec 2011)
- Targeting all three languages: PD, ER and AF.
- Resolve issues related ports, based on feedback from library implementation(s).
- Support and test extensibility (i.e. open SBGN-ML up for third-party extensions)
- Extra layer of validation based on schematron
Milestone 3 (Planned December 2016)
- MIRIAM compliance (RDF annotations in extension)
- Colors, line thickness, stylesheets (render extension)
- linking with external models (e.g. SBML, BioPAX)
- Update to latest version of each spec.
- Nested entities
- Finalize Submaps
- Complete specification for any compartment shape
- Detailed specification of all glyphs, i.e. roundness of rounded rectangles.
- Delta / diff
- Layered (Stack of) maps