Branding / What is Couch?
- Replicator, HTTP, and JSON are key
- couchapp/peer-2-peer vs bigdata => similarity is that it's a database
- "CouchDB is a database"
- The "DB" stands for "douche bag"
- Don't future sell. We're smart, but experts - non experts will run away when they see what they have to do. There is a lot we can do very well now.
- SLEEP (synchronizing event emitting persistence?) => RFC TIME!!
- Optimize web site for personas
- synchable.org describes SLEEP
- It's a database! With outlets! (for modules like SLEEP)
Code Contribution Flow
- Copy jQuery's flow
- Contribution guide
- Team that's dedicated to this (pedantic with people skills)
- Associated ticket and unit test(s)
- Internally we need to read past white space issues and comment on what the patch is actually for/about.
- Patches are languishing in JIRA => need to chop off the head or merge them
- We need a place for people to do "crazy shit" (plugins?) that would not be merged into core
- What is the tooling?
- "No one gets hired for their JIRA contributions." (re: github)
- We should mirror github and JIRA via a script (???)
- Is there a linting tool for erlang?
- Need to give feedback to contributors much more quickly (no more languishing)
- Tooling is important, but we need to react
- If someone is vetting tickets and they don't have the required knowledge to +1 a ticket, how do they pull people in for consent?
- We need a consensus.
- Figure out how to use our tools.
- Need a team to set up the guidelines and work flow. They will be responsible for it.