This is a preliminary release of a driver to connect to MongoDB using .Net. It is written entirely in C# and has been tested and developed under both Windows and Mono 2.0 (Ubuntu 32-bit 9.04). Currently only basic features have been implemented. The api is very likely to change and be in flux for a while. There are many features to be added and refined.
- Connect to a server.
- Many BSON types supported
- Isolation and conversion between BSON types and native .net types.
- Database, Collection and Cursor objects.
- Index handling routines (List, Create, Drop)
- Paired connections
- Auto reconnect options
- Connection pooling
- Several BSON Types (easy to add)
- Database commands (can send queries to $cmd if necessary)
- hint, explain, count, $where
- database profiling: set/get profiling level, get profiling info
- GridFS support
- Many unit tests
Currently using the driver in the GAC is not supported. Simply copy the driver assembly somewhere and reference it in your project. It should be deployed in your application's bin directory. It is not necessary to use the test assembly.
Patches are welcome and will likely be accepted. By submitting a patch you assign the copyright to me, Sam Corder. This is necessary to simplify the number of copyright holders should it become necessary that the copyright need to be reassigned or the code relicensed. The code will always be available under an OSI approved license.