A Wiki in a box
Pepperminty Wiki is a complete wiki engine contained in a single file, inspired by @am2064's Minty Wiki. It's open source too (under MPL-2.0), so contributions are welcome!
Developed by Starbeamrainbowlabs (though contributions from others are welcome!), Pepperminty Wiki has a variety of useful (and cool!) features - such as file upload, a dynamic help page, page revision history, page tags, and more! Other amazing features are in the works too (like a theme gallery, auto update, and user watchlists), so check the release notes to see what's been added recently.
Latest Version: (Changelog)
For everything you need to know (including how to get your own copy!), you probably want the documentation. It can be found here:
Real World Usage
- WikiProject Paranormal - An encyclopedia of allegedly unexplained events.
Is your site using Pepperminty Wiki? Contact me or open an issue and tell me about where you are using Pepperminty Wiki and I'll add you to this section
Pepperminty Wiki has also been mentioned in a few places:
- Twitter, by @flameborn
- Reddit, by u/flameborn
- @SeanFromIT has written an article describing their experience migrating from MediaWiki: MediaWiki to Pepperminty Wiki Migration
Here's a list of things that I want to add at some point (please feel free to send a pull request and help out!).
- Better page history (
revert to revisiondone!, compare revisions, etc.) ( #78, #79)
- Intelligent auto-updating system that doesn't wipe your settings / module choices
- A module registry of some sort (ideas welcome!)
- Image maps (#103)
- An app for Android - in progress over here!
- Participate in the beta: https://play.google.com/apps/testing/com.sbrl.peppermint
- Report issues here
- An iOS app is not practical for the foreseeable future.
- It's too expensive (dev license requires £££).
- The ecosystem is very closed off, and I've no idea how to make an iOS app (nor do I own a device to test it on)
- Feel free to make one yourself!
- I'm happy to help out if you need help with Pepperminty Wiki itself (e.g. making it more machine-readable (#138))
- Message on Gitter (see above), or open an issue on this repository.
User watchlistsdone, as of v0.21! Theme gallery (#5 - coming soon in v0.20!)done, as of v0.20-beta1
- Self-service user registration (#181)
- Packaging for sandstorm / Nextcloud?
- (See more on the issue tracker!)
If you've found a security issue, please don't open an issue. Instead, get in touch privately - e.g. via Keybase or by email (
security [at sign] starbeamrainbowlabs [replace me with a dot] com), and I'll try to respond ASAP.
The recommended way of running Pepperminty Wiki is with a plain PHP-enabled web server. However, a docker container is generously provided by @SQL-enwiki. You can run it like so:
docker run -d sqlatenwiki/peppermintywiki:stable
Contributions are very welcome - both issues and pull requests! Please mention in your pull request that you release your work under the MPL-2.0 (see below).
If you're feeling that way inclined, the sponsor button at the top of the page (if you're on GitHub) will take you to my Liberapay profile if you'd like to donate to say an extra thank you :-)
Pepperminty Wiki is released under the Mozilla Public License 2.0. The full license text is included in the
LICENSE file in this repository. Tldr legal have a great summary of the license if you're interested.