RegexTester is an Eclipse plugin which can be used to easily test regular expressions.
- Test and search for regular expression
- Matches are colorized, for an easy visual clue
- Support for pattern flags (e.g. Pattern.DOTALL)
- LiveEval evaluates your regular expression while you are typing it, gives feedback on possible errors and shows any matches automatically
- LiveEval is supported for changes of the regular expression, the search text and the pattern flags
- 4 distinct match modes:
- Find a sequence of characters
- Match a complete text
- Split text
- Replace every occurence of the regex with a different string. Replacing supports back references ($1,$2,...)
- LiveEval for match mode changes
- Context sensitive "Regular Expression Assist"
- Selective evaluation of expressions
- Bracket Matching
- Generation of string literals based on the regexp, e.g. "(x)" becomes "\(x\)"
- De-escape patterns in your code, e.g. \(x\) becomes (x)
- Improved "Clear Menu", choose which parts of the view you would like to get cleared every time you press the clear button
- Easy movement through matches: Choose "Previous Match" or "Next Match" and cycle through all matches found.
- Polished and accessible user interface, everything is reachable via keyboard
Download the plugin jar and put it in your Eclipse plugin folder.