This code allows you to add in-app browsing of web pages. It takes care of handling all the special cases (ie links) I could think of:
- mailto: : displays an MFMailComposeViewController and fill it with the mailto url: it handles ‘to’, ‘cc’, ‘subject’ and ‘body’
- Youtube : urls linking to “YouTube.com” are displayed in the YouTube application.
- maps.google.com : urls linking to “maps.google.com” (and other country variations) are displayed in the Map application.
- iTunes Links : links to song are opened in the iTunes application.
- AppStore links : links to applications are opened in the AppStore application.
You can customise the view, ie if you want a navigation tab bar or not.
You can choose to ask for a confirmation before exiting the app to open YouTube, Map, Safari.
The navigation tab bar will add standard web buttons, ie Back, Forward, Stop, Reload and also a button to send the url of the current page via email, or open it in Safari.
This code is licenced under the Creative Commons Attribution (by) Licence