Please sign in to comment.
Deprecated instrumentation API
The instrumentation logic needed by the Scala IDE Worksheet is currently part of the Scala project, but it doesn't need to be. I already have a PR ready for completely removing the instrumentation logic, but I considered it too risky at this point for 2.10.0 release (an oversight can lead to the impossibility of running the worksheet with Scala 2.10.0). For the moment, I believe it's better to deprecate the whole instrumentation API in 2.10.0, and the PR for removing the instrumentation logic will target 2.10.1 or 2.11.0. Besides deprecating the instrumentation API, this commit also raised visibility of `interruptsEnabled` member in `Global`. This change alone is sufficient for moving the instrumentation logic outside of the compiler, and it is needed because the Presentation Compiler thread should never be interrupted while instrumenting a source. This commit is related to SI-6458 (cherry picked from commit 4c7127d)
- Loading branch information...
Showing with 11 additions and 1 deletion.
- +2 −0 src/compiler/scala/tools/nsc/interactive/CompilerControl.scala
- +2 −1 src/compiler/scala/tools/nsc/interactive/Global.scala
- +3 −0 src/compiler/scala/tools/nsc/interactive/REPL.scala
- +1 −0 src/compiler/scala/tools/nsc/interactive/ScratchPadMaker.scala
- +1 −0 src/compiler/scala/tools/nsc/scratchpad/Mixer.scala
- +1 −0 src/compiler/scala/tools/nsc/scratchpad/SourceInserter.scala
- +1 −0 src/library/scala/runtime/WorksheetSupport.scala