The main purpose of this release is to fix the following regressions in 2.12.9:
- Fix regression in large string interpolations with non-String typed splices (#8315)
- Revert "Generate shallower ASTs in pattern translation" (#8327, reverting #8061)
- Fix regression in classpath when JARs have 'a.b' entries beside 'a/b' (#8321)
- Improvements to thread-safety of runtime reflection (#8396)
- Add some customization to JAR writing (#8268)
- Minor improvements to compiler performance
As usual for our minor releases, Scala 2.12.10 is binary-compatible with the whole Scala 2.12 series.
A big thank you to everyone who's helped improve Scala by reporting bugs, improving our documentation,
spreading kindness in discussions around Scala, and submitting and reviewing pull requests! You are all magnificent.
This release was brought to you by 7 contributors, according to
git shortlog -sn --no-merges v2.12.9..v2.12.10. Thank you Jason Zaugg, Diego E. Alonso Blas, Aaron S. Hawley, Mike Skells, Seth Tisue, Eugene Yokota, exoego.
Scala 2.12 notes
The release notes for Scala 2.12.0 have important information applicable to the whole 2.12 series.
Scala releases are available through a variety of channels, including (but not limited to):