SCP-004: Center to coordinate SIP/SLIP process
This text is a post-hoc summary of the proposal as verbally presented during the First Scala Center Advisory Board Meeting.
- Regain community's trust and enthusiasm for the SIP/SLIP process.
- Increase the community's involvement with the language and the eco-system.
- Fair representation of community, industry and language creator & maintainers.
- We can't fix this until we admit there's a problem. For example, just mentioning SIP/SLIP on a PR will immediately shut down the conversation.
- Minimize process overhead, clarify timing of deadlines, responsibility of various actors.
- Should we rebrand the process? It may help to have separate technical working groups that come up with proposals and a separate process for voting on these proposals. We could integrate the latter into the Scala Center board meetings.