How to contribute
Third-party patches are essential for an awesome project. The asset pipeline started as a proof of concept trying to incorporate own ideas. We want to keep it as easy as possible to contribute changes that get things working in your environment too. There are a few guidelines that we need contributors to follow so that we can everything sorted out.
Write your own asset pipe
Just go to the namespace
asssetpipeline\assetpipes and check out existing pipes to figure out what is going on.
Writing an own pipe can be accomplished just by extending the
AbstractAssetPipe.php and implementing the
This function will be called and passed an argument with the path to the file in question. Process the file in any fashion necessary and return the file's content (not the path). Caching and any other logic will be handled from there on.
Finally, register your file in the
lmvc-module's root directory's
bootstrap.php. The only thing you have to decide on is your pipes type which is basically the url it will be accessible under. Thereby, registering a pipe with
assetpipes\CoffeescriptPipe::register(['coffee']) will make your pipe available at
assetpipeline/coffee including file and argument parsing.
- Make sure you have a GitHub account
- Submit a ticket for your issue, assuming one does not already exist.
- Clearly describe the issue including steps to reproduce when it is a bug.
- Make sure you fill in the earliest version that you know has the issue.
- Fork the repository on GitHub
- Create a topic branch from where you want to base your work.
- This is usually the master branch.
- To quickly create a topic branch based on master;
git branch feature/my-addition masterthen checkout the new branch with
git checkout feature/my-addition
- Make commits of logical units.
- Check for unnecessary whitespace with
git diff --checkbefore committing.
- Make sure your commit messages are in the proper format.
- Push your changes to a topic branch in your fork of the repository.
- Submit a pull request to the repository.
- Wait for us to check our your awesomeness!