Serious Scavenger Hunt
Serious Scavenger Hunt is a free, open source web applicaiton for building, running and managing great scavenger hunts.
This website is being continuously deployed to Windows Azure. You can try the latest version of the code.
The database is re-created with sample data at each deployment.
There are 2 user/roles in this app:
|admin||admin123||Admin||Create new stunts, manage teams|
Of course you can also create your own users (some OAuth providers are supported).
- Clone code from git repository
- Open in Visual Studio
You'll need to provide some data to the
web.config file in order to deploy successfully.
|ConnectionStrings||ScavengerHuntContext||Yes||Connection string to your SQL Server|
|AppSettings||FacebookAppId||No||ID of your Facebook app|
|AppSettings||FacebookAppSecret||No||Secret key of your Facebook app|
|AppSettings||TwitterAppId||No||ID of your Twitter app|
|AppSettings||TwitterAppSecret||No||Secret key of your Twitter app|
|AppSettings||MicrosoftAppId||No||ID of your Microsoft app|
|AppSettings||MicrosoftAppSecret||No||Secret key of your Microsoft app|
- MarkdownSharp, as featured on Stack Overflow
- John Atten for his very helpful post on about Extending Identity Accounts and Implementing Role-Based Authentication in ASP.NET MVC 5 that saved me quite a few hours of work
- Danny Tuppeny for his HtmlHelper extension method for Markdown
- Glyphicons, default icons used in Bootstrap