Clone this wiki locally
Install from Nuget
To get the .NET 4.0 x86 (32-bit) version of the Runner:
for the x86, x64 and .NET 3.5, 4.0 versions of the Runner.
The command line exe and the NAnt and MSBuild dlls are located in the nuget package. For example, for the FluentMigrator.Tools package, the Migrate.exe is located in the .\packages\FluentMigrator.Tools.126.96.36.199\tools\AnyCPU\40 directory.
- Check out the tour of FluentMigrator starting with Getting FluentMigrator
- How to create a Migration
- Learn about the Fluent Interface
- Profiles can be used to seed test data
- And then choose one of the Migration Runners to run your migrations
- Use inbuilt database functions when setting the default value (SystemMethods)
- Sql Server Specific Extensions
- Raw Sql Helper for inserting data
- For some migrations you do not need to provide a down action. See Auto Reversing Migrations for more.
- If you are a Resharper user then checkout the Resharper File Template
- Transaction Modes for the Migration Runner
Advanced Features and Techniques of FluentMigrator
- ApplicationContext: Passing parameters to Migrations
- Dealing with Multiple Database Types
- Filter migrations run based on Tags
- Enforce migration version numbering rules
- Create custom metadata for the VersionInfo table
- SchemaDump and here is a sample using SchemaDump to write migrations.
- T4 Template for creating FM initial schemas. Guide to FluentMigrator.T4