Interactive, weekly recipe menu generator. Users can search for a recipe by ingredient, plan not to cook on certain days and search through popular recipes and print weekly menus.
I wanted to create a simple tool for making a weekly menu of recipes. Rather than scrolling through hundreds of recipe options, CrunchTime pulls seven popular recipes based on the user's diet. The user can either print out the initial menu, or alter it with the "next", "previous" and "search" features. The "print" feature allows the user to print out easy-to-read directions for their final menu selection. The app uses three Spoonacular API's to collect recipe id's and search for directions and ingredients data.
- Spoonacular API
- Generate a menu of popular recipes based on your diet preferences and allergies
- Explore a variety of recipes by searching by ingredient or clicking "next" and "previous" below each day's recipe
- Remove a day if planning not to cook
- Get entirely new menu by clicking "New Menu"
- Print menu of easy-to-read, black-and-white recipes
- Stephanie Chamblee