Want to quickly set up a private file server with a nice interface on one of your domains? simple-filedirectory is a simple solution with minimal setup to get an interface on your website for file uploading/downloading - no database setup needed.
- Drag & Drop upload
- Fast and easy command-style userface, with logical keyboard shortcuts
- Search by up to two keywords (separate by +)
- Embeded media files
- Progress-saving in localstorage (enabled by default)
- Simple .html document creation & uploading directly through website (as well as console interface)
- Graphical interface for listing all images, videos or audio-files.
- Three different themes
- Custom password & key for login
- Set infinite variables in localstorage for quick note-saving
You can currently only upload one file at the time, and there is a known bug with creating updated versions of html-files through reupload.
- Download all files as a zip or fork this repo.
- Upload all the files onto your domain
- If you are not uploading the files to a root:
- Then I'm sorry but there will be a bunch of dead links. You could create a subdomain and upload the files as root there to make it easy on yourself.
In the files folder, create an .htaccess file. You can leave it empty if you want.
In keypass.php, change the key and password to a combination you want.
In index.php, on line 68, add your font-awesome embed-code (http://fontawesome.io/get-started/).
The 'k' and 'YOURURLPASSWORD' will be used to access your site by adding /?k=YOURURLPASSWORD to your url.
The reason for the htaccess file is because you might want to change permissions in that folder, and list.php is programmed to ignore the first file, which always is .htaccess unless you don't have one, then it ignores one of your files. You could also of course go in and manually edit out the first ignore if you want to do that too.
I'm sorry the setup is so wonky but honestly this was just made for myself, and I thought it was worth a share. If anyone wants to make the setup easier by contributing that would be awesome.
Any contributions to the repository would be welcome and appreciated. Things that need fixing:
- More stable drag & drop upload
- More stable design around the embeds in "list/search" (flexbox?)
- Add ability to upload several files at once