Multilingual Theme for Nanoc
Nanoc is a static website generator. This repository contains a nanoc theme with the following key features:
- Create bilingual Website with German and English variants
- See lib/helpers/localization.rb if you need other languages
- Extension to more than two language variants would be possible to achieve with medium effort
- Use Pandoc's markdown dialect to create content sites
- Filters to import text from file and create table of contents
- One horizontal navigation bar on top of the site
- Uses HTML5 objects
- Optional module to create a simple blog
- Implements basic accessibility features
- Compatible to Nanoc4 in legacy mode
For the installation of nanoc, visit http://nanoc.ws/install/.
The theme needs the following gems:
$ gem install --user-install rake nanoc adsf pandoc-ruby listen iconv builder stringex nokogiri w3c_validators
And the local path to the gems must be added to the bin paths. This is shell specific. Example for zsh:
$ vim ~/.zshrc [...] # local ruby gem binary folder if which ruby >/dev/null && which gem >/dev/null; then PATH="$(ruby -rubygems -e 'puts Gem.user_dir')/bin:$PATH" fi [...]
Log out and in again to apply changes.
Then clone this repository
$ git clone https://github.com/scheibler/nanoc-multilingual-theme.git
Lastly, rename files and folder:
cd nanoc-multilingual-theme mv content.example content mv nanoc.yaml.example nanoc.yaml mv rules.example rules
To create a new blog article use:
rake new_post "Deutscher Artikelname" "English article name"
The theme should be self-explanatory. For further information see nanoc's documentation at http://nanoc.ws/docs/.