Data Flow is a toolset designed to help ease the burden of data migration and utilization in learning environments. It does so by providing methods to extract information out of spreadsheet-based data (CSV and Excel files), and transform and load to the Ed-Fi Alliance Operational Data Store (ODS) API (see (https://www.ed-fi.org/what-is-ed-fi/ed-fi-technology/)).
Data Flow is a tool set primarily based a .C# NET toolset with a web administration panel in ASP.NET to view data and job status, and server components as .NET command-line applications to process data. Data Flow also contains a Google Chrome extension prototype to help automate the delivery of data from web sites without SFTP/FTPS export ability. Data Flow is designed to run on-premise or within cloud hosted environments like Microsoft Azure or Amazon Web Services. This is designed to match the Ed-Fi ODS and API operating model of choice by education-serving entities.
- Obtain CSV or Excel files via SFTP, FTPS, web site via Chrome extension or manual upload
- Map source data to Ed-Fi API endpoints for roster and learning data population
- Populate roster and learning data into a Ed-Fi ODS API
- View learning data and job status within ODS browser
- Visual Studio 2015 with .NET 4.5.2 (used to remain consistent with the Ed-Fi ODS API 2.x)
- Microsoft Azure with App Services -or-
- Windows Server 2012+ with IIS 8+ and MS SQL 2012+ either within a Virtual Machine or physical server
- An operating Ed-Fi ODS API 2.x
For documentation, including installation steps, please see the Data Flow wiki on GitHub at: https://github.com/schoolstacks/dataflow/wiki
Community contributions to this application will keep it healthy and active. We strongly welcome pull requests with new feature enhancements and bug fixes.
This project is licensed under the Apache 2.0 license - see the LICENSE.md file for details.