scikit-image: Image processing in Python
- Website (including documentation): http://scikit-image.org/
- Mailing list: http://groups.google.com/group/scikit-image
- Source: https://github.com/scikit-image/scikit-image
Installation from binaries
sudo apt-get install python-skimage
pip install scikit-image
- Anaconda: ``conda install scikit-image
- Windows: Download Windows binaries
Installation from source
Install dependencies using:
pip install -r requirements.txt
Then, install scikit-image using:
$ pip install .
If you plan to develop the package, you may run it directly from source:
$ python setup.py develop # Do this once to add pkg to Python path $ python setup.py build_ext -i # Build binary extensions
License (Modified BSD)
Copyright (C) 2011, the scikit-image team All rights reserved.
Redistribution and use in source and binary forms, with or without modification, are permitted provided that the following conditions are met:
- Redistributions of source code must retain the above copyright notice, this list of conditions and the following disclaimer.
- Redistributions in binary form must reproduce the above copyright notice, this list of conditions and the following disclaimer in the documentation and/or other materials provided with the distribution.
- Neither the name of skimage nor the names of its contributors may be used to endorse or promote products derived from this software without specific prior written permission.
THIS SOFTWARE IS PROVIDED BY THE AUTHOR ``AS IS'' AND ANY EXPRESS OR IMPLIED WARRANTIES, INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED TO, THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY AND FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE ARE DISCLAIMED. IN NO EVENT SHALL THE AUTHOR BE LIABLE FOR ANY DIRECT, INDIRECT, INCIDENTAL, SPECIAL, EXEMPLARY, OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES (INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED TO, PROCUREMENT OF SUBSTITUTE GOODS OR SERVICES; LOSS OF USE, DATA, OR PROFITS; OR BUSINESS INTERRUPTION) HOWEVER CAUSED AND ON ANY THEORY OF LIABILITY, WHETHER IN CONTRACT, STRICT LIABILITY, OR TORT (INCLUDING NEGLIGENCE OR OTHERWISE) ARISING IN ANY WAY OUT OF THE USE OF THIS SOFTWARE, EVEN IF ADVISED OF THE POSSIBILITY OF SUCH DAMAGE.