Git and site-specific API (e.g. GitHub) utilities for managing large numbers (100+) of users for education and institutions. Input / output is often via spreadsheet, as a gateway to APIs of other services such as Blackboard.
Note: Some of these tasks can also be done directly in GitHub Education.
- create repo for each team project (CreateGithubTeamRepos.py)
- mass-add per-project collaborators (AddGithubCollab.py)
- duplicate (mirror) lots of repos (DuplicateGithubRepos.p)
This was moved out of GitMC due to the site-specific and heavy API use, whereas GitUtils focuses more on plain agnostic Git tasks.
Mass duplicate GitHub repos
based on spreadsheet input, mass duplicate GitHub repos.
Python GitHub API
Most users will need a GitHub API token, as the unauthenticated API access is severly limited.
- Generate GitHub API token with ONLY the
- Copy that text string to a secure location on your computer.