Python and Matlab plotting examples
Examples of neat Python and Matlab / GNU Octave plotting and other tasks
- Matplotlib 2.1 What's New
- contourImage2.m: hack to work around Matlab R2014b/R2015a removal of contour(), contourf() and contour3() handle graphics children that formerly could be used to move contours into a 3-D plot. This workaround first plots the image at z=0, and the contour at z=0, then flattens the figure to an image and resizes to the original data, allowing the new pcolor joint plot to be arbitrarily placed in 3-D.
- R2014bAxesMultiColormap.m: showing the new capability of Matlab R2014b/R2015a to have independent colormaps and colorbars -- freezeColor from Matlab Central is NOT necessary as with earlier versions of Matlab.
- title_gitrev.py: label title in corner with git revision
- widgets_gui_matplotlib.py: How to make interactiave, backend-agnostics Matplotlib GUIs
- colormap_white_min.*: Matlab and Python examples of plots with white zero value and dark maximum value.
NOTE: as of summer 2018, use
oct2py==3.9.0 as Oct2Py 4.0.7 is broken.
Other neat tricks
- f2py calling Fortran from Python