This is my interpretation of electronic shifting for front and rear shifting of a bicycle. I'll be adding functionality in freetime. This repo will include my sketches for 3D-printed servo mounts for both the front and rear derailler. It will also include my code for the shifting logic.
For my microcontroller, I am using a 5V 16MHz Pro Trinket(Atmega328P chip).
- Low cost compared to off-the-shelf electronic groupsets
- Improved, simplified shifting logic to mechanical systems. Similar to SRAM ETap
- Never have to replace cable as in mechanical systems
- LCD display of current gear
- Compute current gear ratio by hardcoding amount of gear teeth on each cog
- Include an accelerometer to track speed
- Autoshift, making a wise decision based on speed, to maintain an ideal cadence
git clone https://github.com/scmilburn/DIY_Di2.git
Simon Milburn 2015