Starter kit to use Gulp with Less.
==================================== A super clean and easy to use starter kit for using Gulp and Less. This should help you repurpose Gulp and Less for your own projects.
- Read the article: : http://scotch.io/tutorials/getting-started-with-less
- Watch the video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5nqWhwsMQqs
LESS / CSS Stuff
- Watches for Less changes on save
- Checks for Less errors and outputs them without you having to rerun Gulp
- Autoprefixes for legacy browsers
- Combines all CSS into one big and sexy minified file
- Includes Less Bootstrap
- Automatically compiles all jQuery libraries into one big file JS file
- Lints custom scripts for errors
- Combines all custom scripts into one file
How To Use
$ git clone firstname.lastname@example.org:scotch-io/gulp-and-less-starter-kit.git $ cd gulp-and-less-starter-kit $ npm install
$ gulp server
...if you need a local server. Folder build serving at http://localhost:8888
Should use Livereload extension. Or inject
<script src="//localhost:35729/livereload.js"></script> into your page.
When you change a LESS(or JS) file, the page will reload.
If this isn't working, it's probably because you need to update. Just run
npm update --save-dev
If no command gulp found?, you need to install it globally
npm install -g gulp or run
npm run gulp
Still broken or not working?
sudo npm cache clean npm install --save-dev npm update --save-dev gulp
- Any changes in
assets/less/*will trigger the Less to compile on save
- All files in
assets/js/libs/*will be compressed to
- All files in
libs) will be compressed to
To Kenny Song for his contributions and https://github.com/baivong