CAUTION: Sapling is in the very early stages of development. Things are likely to change in ways that are not backwards compatible
- User Account management
- User login
- User signup
- Coffeescript / Less / Sass / SCSS / Stylus automatically compiled on save
- auto-reload during development saves you from manually refreshing the page
- testacular integration for unit tests
- Bootstrap integration with themes.
Sapling is intended to be used with a backend, but comes with a basic NodeJS / Express server to get your started.
Please visit the
backend section for a complete list of backends.
git clone https://github.com/scotch/sapling.gitto clone the sapling repository
./scripts/init.shto install node packages
Then navigate your browser to http://localhost:3000
This will run the Brunch in the background
./scripts/test.shto run unit test with testacular
- Open the browser you would like to test to http://localhost:3334
- If you would like to write your test in coffeescript run
./scripts/compile-tests.shin a separate window.
- Testacular will run tests on save. To insure that changes are saved be sure to have `
./script/development.shrunning in the console.
- To changed the target browsers modify your
browser = ["ChromeCanary", "Firefox"]
- EMFILE means there're too many open files. Brunch watches all your project files and it's usually a pretty big number. You can fix this error with setting max opened file count to bigger number with command ulimit -n (ulimit -n 10000 should be enough).
When we upgrade sapling's repo, you can just fetch the changes and merge them into your project with git.
git pull origin master
For more information on sapling please check out http://sapling.scotchmedia.com/