Source for Personal site built using Hugo.
Author: Scott Wilson
Here's a little site I built using Hugo. You can see the output of Hugo at http://scottcwilson.github.io
These are the steps I used to build this site:
- Install Hugo.
hugo new site my-site-nameto create the site. Change directory to my-site-name.
- Grab a template you like from HugoThemes. Create the directory themes and install it there.
hugo server -wto start looking at your site locally. Add content until you're happy.
- I used ShrinkTheWeb to generate my thumbnails, but any thumbnail generator will work fine.
- Fiddle with config.toml until you're happy. Remember you have to restart
hugo servereach time you change configuration; the LiveReload doesn't handle this.
- Create a
- Add your site to a new git repository. For reference, mine is https://github.com/scottcwilson/hugosite.
hugoto generate the final copy of your site. (I assume you have added your template to the
config.tomlfile; if not, you will need to use
hugo -t your-template.) Change directory to
- Add this directory to a new repository, with the name your-github-name.github.io. Again, for reference, mine is https://github.com/scottcwilson/scottcwilson.github.io.
- You're done! Your site will be live shortly at http://your-github-name.github.io. (Mine is http://scottcwilson.github.io.)