Attentive is a new take on Ruby presentation software. It provides lots of smart things already set up for you:
- A simple slide transition system written from scratch with no jQuery (oh snap!)
- Pygments for syntax highlighting.
- Simple slide syntax, really really similar to how Showoff does it.
Here's what you can do:
attentive create <presenation name>
Create a new presentation.
Run the presentation that's in the current directory on port 9393.
attentive start -p <port>
Run the current presentation on another port.
Generate a static copy of the presentation and dependent files into
Generate a static copy, commit it to the
gh-pages branch of your site.
gh-pages gets created if it doesn't exist.
presentation.rb and start adding
.slides files in
presentation/. The files are processed in sort order.
While the presentation is running:
- Click a slide, use the spacebar, or the right arrow to advance
- Use the left arrow to go back
- Hit [ Shift ]-T to toggle a timer on and off, then lowercase t to turn it on and off
- Hit \ to reset the timer