3D Twitter Visualization
Tweetopia is a 3D Twitter hashtag visualizaiton based on WebGL and built using Three.js
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 3.0 Unported License.
- Major overhaul to support Twitter API changes.
- Now uses a web service for search requests.
- Minor tweaks for initial public
- GA tracking.
- Initial character faces.
- Username display.
- Image contrast.
- Webfont Support
- More careful bubble distribution.
- Better handling of Twitter requests.
- Day/night color changes
- Detection of WebGL support.
- Colored hashtags and usernames.
- Added simple favicon.
- Pre-launch splash page.
- URL hashtag support.
- Defaults to #WebGL.
- Splash screen on startup.
- Custom shaders for star and sky.
- Refined ground to match style frame.
- Added SimpleNoise.js for more fluid terrain.
- New ttcontrol object for scene control fucntions.
- Restyled panel as speech bubble with pre-build image.
- More refined text formatting.
- Placeholder for characters with basic texturing.
- Showing and hiding of bubbles on visit.
- Periodically check for new tweets.
- Initial support for clicking through to twitter.com.
- Predistrubuted panels.
- Automatic camera animation between panels.
- Refined camera animation to look ahead to next panel.
- Addition of ground plane with generative color and form.
- Addition of sky cylinder.
- Added Tween.js for animating properties with easing.
- Planar distribution of tweet panels.
- Support for keyboard-controlled camera animation between panels.
- Added Three.js for 3D environment with functions to setup, animate and render.
- New ttevents object for handling event callbacks.
- Simple panel animation using canvases as textures.
- No new logic, organization release (wash dishes while you cook).
- CSS and JS split into files with new tweetopia control object.
- This release creates canvas elements for the results, with logic to auto wrap and format the text.
- This initial release polls the Twitter search API and displays the resulting tweets in divs.