WordCamp Europe Logo 2016
- Status: Inctive
- Contributors: @scottsweb
- Description: Logo generator for WordCamp Europe 2016 and beyond.
- Author: Scott Evans
- Author URI: http://scott.ee
- License: GNU General Public License v2.0
- License URI: http://www.gnu.org/licenses/gpl-2.0.html
Each point represents a country in Europe and each line a border between them. The highlighted point is the WordCamp location for this year. Hack away - the code is open source and it would be great to keep iterating on this.
Using the tool
- To overcome your browser security settings you will probably need to run this from a local server. The easiest way is to type:
php -S localhost:8000from the download directory in Terminal.
- Set your settings at the top of the page and press the generate button.
- Individual points can be moved to a location of your choice.
- Double click a point to return it to a calculated/natural position.
- There is an invisble point in the middle that has a certain amount of repulsion, this can be moved too but it is tricky to grab.
- Hit the
Generate SVGbutton when you are happy with the layout, this will outout the SVG code that can be imported into your favourite graphics editor.
- You will need to add your own typography to complete the design.
- The data is all stored in the
data.jsonfile. This contains a list of countries and the relationships between them.
Frequently Asked Questions