Frontera is a web crawling tool box, allowing to build crawlers of any scale and purpose. It includes:
- :ref:`crawl frontier <crawl-frontier>` framework managing when and what to crawl and checking for crawling goal* accomplishment,
- workers, Scrapy wrappers, and data bus components to scale and distribute the crawler.
Frontera contain components to allow creation of fully-operational web crawler with Scrapy. Even though it was originally designed for Scrapy, it can also be used with any other crawling framework/system.
The purpose of this chapter is to introduce you to the concepts behind Frontera so that you can get an idea of how it works and decide if it is suited to your needs.
.. toctree:: :hidden: topics/overview topics/run-modes topics/quick-start-single topics/quick-start-distributed topics/cluster-setup
- Understand what Frontera is and how it can help you.
- High level architecture and Frontera run modes.
- using Scrapy as a container for running Frontera.
- with SQLite and ZeroMQ.
- Setting up clustered version of Frontera on multiple machines with HBase and Kafka.
.. toctree:: :hidden: topics/installation topics/strategies topics/frontier-objects topics/frontier-middlewares topics/frontier-canonicalsolvers topics/frontier-backends topics/message_bus topics/custom_crawling_strategy topics/scrapy-integration topics/frontera-settings
- HOWTO and Dependencies options.
- A list of built-in crawling strategies.
- Understand the classes used to represent requests and responses.
- Filter or alter information for links and documents.
- Identify and make use of canonical url of document.
- Built-in backends, and tips on implementing your own.
- Built-in message bus reference.
- Implementing your own crawling strategy.
- Learn how to use Frontera with Scrapy.
- Settings reference.
.. toctree:: :hidden: topics/what-is-cf topics/graph-manager topics/scrapy-recorder topics/fine-tuning topics/dns-service
- Learn Crawl Frontier theory.
- Define fake crawlings for websites to test your frontier.
- Create Scrapy crawl recordings and reproduce them later.
- Cluster deployment and fine tuning information.
- Few words about DNS service setup.
.. toctree:: :hidden: topics/architecture topics/frontier-api topics/requests-integration topics/examples topics/tests topics/loggers topics/frontier-tester topics/contributing topics/glossary
- See how Frontera works and its different components.
- Learn how to use the frontier.
- Learn how to use Frontera with Requests.
- Some example projects and scripts using Frontera.
- How to run and write Frontera tests.
- A list of loggers for use with python native logging system.
- Test your frontier in an easy way.
- HOWTO contribute.
- Glossary of terms.