python-crfsuite is a python binding to CRFsuite.
pip install python-crfsuite
conda install -c conda-forge python-crfsuite
sklearn-crfsuite is a python-crfsuite wrapper which provides API similar to scikit-learn.
- Source code: https://github.com/scrapinghub/python-crfsuite
- Issue tracker: https://github.com/scrapinghub/python-crfsuite/issues
Feel free to submit ideas, bugs reports, pull requests or regular patches.
from the source checkout.
Please don't commit generated cpp files in the same commit as other files.
Authors and Contributors
Bundled CRFSuite C/C++ library is by Naoaki Okazaki & contributors.
python-crfsuite is licensed under MIT license. CRFsuite library is licensed under BSD license.
- https://github.com/chokkan/crfsuite/tree/master/swig/python - official Python wrapper, exposes C++ API using SWIG.
- https://github.com/jakevdp/pyCRFsuite - uses C API instead of C++ API; allows to use scipy sparse matrices as an input. At the time of writing it is unmaintained.
- https://github.com/bosondata/crfsuite-rs - uses a Rust wrapper with CFFI instead of C++ API; allows to tag with GIL released for better performance.
This package (python-crfsuite) wraps CRFsuite C++ API using Cython. It is faster than official SWIG wrapper and has a simpler codebase than a more advanced pyCRFsuite. python-crfsuite works in Python 2 and Python 3, doesn't have external dependencies (CRFsuite is bundled, numpy/scipy stack is not needed) and workarounds some of the issues with C++ CRFsuite library.