Be notified of new releases
Create your free GitHub account today to subscribe to this repository for new releases and build software alongside 36 million developers.Sign up
- Better Windows support
- Python 3.7 compatibility
- Big documentation improvements, including a switch from .extract_first() + .extract() API to .get() + .getall() API
- Feed exports, FilePipeline and MediaPipeline improvements
- Better extensibility: item_error and request_reached_downloader signals; from_crawler support for feed exporters, feed storages and dupefilters.
- scrapy.contracts fixes and new features
- Telnet console security improvements, first released as a backport in Scrapy 1.5.2 (2019-01-22)
- Clean-up of the deprecated code
- Various bug fixes, small new features and usability improvements across the codebase.
This release brings small new features and improvements across the codebase.
- Google Cloud Storage is supported in FilesPipeline and ImagesPipeline.
- Crawling with proxy servers becomes more efficient, as connections to proxies can be reused now.
- Warnings, exception and logging messages are improved to make debugging easier.
- scrapy parse command now allows to set custom request meta via --meta argument.
- Compatibility with Python 3.6, PyPy and PyPy3 is improved; PyPy and PyPy3 are now supported officially, by running tests on CI.
- Better default handling of HTTP 308, 522 and 524 status codes.
- Documentation is improved, as usual.