Clone this wiki locally
Welcome to the Scriptish wiki!
Scriptish is a fork of Greasemonkey, the popular Firefox extension for running user scripts. Greasemonkey has long supported Firefox 1.5, and only recently decided to raise the minimum supported version of Firefox to 3.0. Plenty of legacy code still exists, however, and it has reached the point where Greasemonkey needs a complete reorganization. But unfortunately, development of Greasemonkey is incredibly slow for bug fixes, let alone code base refactoring or the addition of features. This is why I decided to fork Greasemonkey and start something new.
- Everything Greasemonkey offers (which is actually useful)
- Supports the
@matchmetadata specified by Google Chrome
New metadata @keys, such as:
Updating: User scripts can be updated in Scriptish using
- New APIs, such as: GM_notification, GM_unregisterMenuCommand, GM_enableMenuCommand, GM_disableMenuCommand, GM_cryptoHash, GM_generateUUID, GM_safeHTMLParser, and GM_setClipboard
- Performance: A faster, cleaner code base which takes advantage of all that Firefox 4 has to offer
- Security: Scriptish provides security features you won't find elsewhere
- Tests: Code is written to test Scriptish's functionality and features.
- Manually transfer user scripts from Greasemonkey to Scriptish
- Submit a bug, issue, or feature request
- Build an .xpi from source
- Run Scriptish from source
- Dealing with user script conflicts