This repository contains a list of short documents that answer most of the common questions related to using scriptr.io, in complement to our documentation. It is meant to be used in the following ways:
- (1) If you are new to scriptr.io, it is recommended to either start with the tutorial and/or to read the content of the how-to list below sequentially, to teach yourself how to use scriptr.io to implement your iot applications.
- (2) If you already are familiar with scriptr.io, pick a how-to article that matches your needs.
- (3) If you are a solution architect and you need to know more about process development with scriptr.io, supported architectures, configurations, security, etc. we suggest reading the solution architect booklet.
- Make sure that you already signed-up for a free account!
- If you don't know yet what scriptr.io is, check what scriptr.io is and what it allows you to do.
If you prefer starting by checking how to develop an end-to-end application, try this tutorial
If you are more into watching video tutorials, that's a video tutorial to get started with scriptr.io
Alternatively, if you need to build a full webapp complete with working login and widget, try this tutorial
Solution and Software Architects
If you are a solution architect and you would like to understand more about process development with scriptr.io, supported architectures, configurations, etc. we suggest reading the scriptr.io solution architect booklet
- How to create a secure and scalable API?
- How to retrieve the parameters sent to my API via http?
- How to accept requests from other domains (CORS settings)?
- How to persist data?
- How to retrieve my persisted data?
- How to browse through the data that I have persisted?
- How to create validation rules (schemas) on my data?
- How to apply automatic validation (schemas) on my data?
- How to obtain authentication tokens?
- How to create devices in my account?
- How to create users in my account?
- How to create groups of devices or groups of users?
- How to restrict access to my API?
- How to restrict access to my data?
- How to give remote clients unrestricted access to my API?
- How to create modules?
- How to customize the URL of my API (create a sub-domain)?
- How to send emails from my scripts?
- How to log messages to check the execution of my scripts?
- How to display simple values in a dashboard?
- How to display historical data in a dashboard?
- How to customize a dashboard?
- How to know what data structure is expected by a widget I add to my dashboard?
- How to update my dashboard in real time?
- How to invoke a remote REST API from a script?
- How to transform an XML payload to JSON and vice-versa?
- How to Base64 encode/decode a string?
- How to transform an incoming JSON payload into another JSON structure (JSON mapper)?
- How to persist files sent to my API via http?
- How to send a file to a remote REST API?
- How to schedule the automatic execution of a script (cron job)?
- How to unschedule the automatic execution of a script (cron job)?
- How to change the standard response structure of my API?
- How to download a file from scriptr.io via http?
- How to subscribe one or many scripts to a remote mqtt topic?
- How to publish a message to a remote mqtt topic from a script?
- How to publish an mqtt message to my API?
- How to subscribe a remote mqtt client to one of my channels
- How to read the messages sent to my API through mqtt?
- How to obtain credentials to allow devices to publish mqtt messages to my scriptr.io account?
- How to invoke my API (scripts) using websockets?
- How to publish data to scriptr.io using websockets?
- How to communicate with a remote websocket endpoint?
- How to use decision tables?
- How to invoke a decision table from a script?
- How to control the versions of my application and scripts?
- How to create queued jobs?
- How to dynamically generate files from my scripts