Join GitHub today
GitHub is home to over 28 million developers working together to host and review code, manage projects, and build software together.Sign up
Notational Velocity is an application for Mac OS X that stores and retrieves notes.
In Notational Velocity, the same area is used both for creating notes and searching. I.e., in the process of entering the title for a new note, related notes appear below, letting users file information there if they choose. Likewise, if a search reveals nothing, one need simply press return to create a note with the appropriate title.
Its unique advantages are as follows:
Searching for notes is not a separate action; rather, it is the primary interface.
Searching encompasses all notes’ content and occurs instantly with each key pressed.
All information is compressed and encrypted (enabled optionally) before it is recorded to disk.
Notational Velocity’s window was designed for keyboard input above all else, and thus has no buttons.
Data Instead of Documents
There is no manual “saving” in Notational Velocity; all modifications take effect immediately.
Or read solutions to other common problems:
- Building Notational Velocity
- Database Security
- Enabling the Services menu item
- Importing Notes from External Sources
- List of All Keyboard Shortcuts
- Moving renaming the notes database
- Notes & Settings, Interim Note Changes files
- Notes Database and Migration
- nv:// URL Specification
- Spotlight Integration
- Synchronizing with Dropbox
- Synchronizing with WriteRoom iPhone via SimpleText.ws
- TextExpander, Typinator, Etc.
- Unexposed Preferences