HTTPS clone URL
Subversion checkout URL
- Building Notational Velocity
- Database Security
- Enabling the Services menu item
- FAQ: Features
- FAQ: General Use
- FAQ: Synchronization
- Importing Notes from External Sources
- List of All Keyboard Shortcuts
- Moving renaming the notes database
- Notes & Settings, Interim Note Changes files
- Notes Database and Migration
- nv: URL Specification
- Release Notes
- Spotlight Integration
- Synchronizing notes
- Synchronizing with Dropbox
- Synchronizing with WriteRoom iPhone via SimpleText.ws
- TextExpander, Typinator, Etc.
- Unexposed Preferences
Clone this wiki locally
Notational Velocity is a note-taking application, not a file/image organization tool.
Notational Velocity allows you to organize your notes by search, through the combination of searching and creating. The goal of NV is to avoid the need for explicit categorization.
See Issue 22
I want to use multiple colors, differing fonts and sizes, paragraph spacing, etc, like TextEdit or a full-fledged word processor.
See Issue 27
See Issue 8
See Issue 6
First, know that you can set a global hot-key to bring NV to the front under Preferences > General > Activate NV Shortcut, provided that the app is already running. If this is still unsatisfactory, then see Issue 33.
See Issue 87