Synchronizing with WriteRoom iPhone via SimpleText.ws
Clone this wiki locally
- Download and install SimpleText for Mac
- In Notational Velocity, choose Preferences > Notes > Read notes from folder:1
- Select the SimpleText folder in your home directory.
- Click the Storage tab.
- From Store and read notes on disk as:, select Plain Text Files.
- That’s it! Notational Velocity will now use the SimpleText folder as its note repository, which is kept in sync with the SimpleText.ws service and by extension WriteRoom for iPhone.
1 Alternatively, SimpleText can be made to use the existing Notational Velocity notes folder via the Terminal command:
defaults write com.hogbaysoftware.SimpleText SyncedDocumentsPathKey ~/Library/Application\ Support/Notational\ Data/