HTTPS clone URL
Subversion checkout URL
Synchronizing with Dropbox
- Building Notational Velocity
- Database Security
- Enabling the Services menu item
- FAQ: Features
- FAQ: General Use
- FAQ: Synchronization
- Importing Notes from External Sources
- List of All Keyboard Shortcuts
- Moving renaming the notes database
- Notes & Settings, Interim Note Changes files
- Notes Database and Migration
- nv: URL Specification
- Release Notes
- Spotlight Integration
- Synchronizing notes
- Synchronizing with Dropbox
- Synchronizing with WriteRoom iPhone via SimpleText.ws
- TextExpander, Typinator, Etc.
- Unexposed Preferences
Clone this wiki locally
- Download and install Dropbox
- In Notational Velocity, navigate to Preferences > Notes > Storage.
- For Store and read notes on disk as:, select an option other than Single Database; e.g., Plain Text Files.
- In the Finder, drag your Notational Data folder (by default in ~/Library/Application Support/) to the Dropbox folder in your home directory.
- Dropbox will now synchronize your notes across computers.
- To access the same notes via Notational Velocity from a different computer, follow steps 1 – 3 above.
- Choose Preferences > Notes > Read notes from folder:
- Select the Notational Data folder inside your Dropbox folder.
Warning: When also using Simplenote synchronization, only one copy of Notational Velocity should have its notes folder in Dropbox. If two copies of Notational Velocity synchronize via both Dropbox and Simplenote, changes will replicate endlessly.
Dropbox synchronization is redundant if you are already using Simplenote.