Join GitHub today
GitHub is home to over 31 million developers working together to host and review code, manage projects, and build software together.Sign up
Powershell module wrapping G Suite (Google Apps) API calls in handy functions. Authentication is established using a service account via P12 key to negate the consent popup and allow for greater handsoff automation capabilities
Ready to get started? Visit the Initial Setup page and follow the directions there.
In order to use this module, you'll need to have the following:
- Powershell 4.0 or higher (to ensure .NET 4.5+ or .netstandard support if in Core).
- API Access Enabled in the Admin Console under Security
- Service Account key created and downloaded as a P12 key file. Client_secrets.json are supported for OAuth use, but P12 key is preferred
- API Client access allowed for the Service Account that will be used towards the API scopes that you intend to utilize
- Domain-Wide Delegation enabled for the service account
2.0.0 - Changes
- All Drive functions now support Team Drives
- Get-GSGmailMessage can now save message attachments to a local path
- File uploads to Drive are now supported (including recursive folder uploads!)
- P12 Keys (service accounts) and client_secrets.json (OAuth) are both now supported
Breaking Changes in 2.0.0
Gmail Delegation Management Removed
The Gmail API does not yet support handling inbox delegation. The functionality addition has been pushed back again until Q3 of 2018. Once the Gmail API supports inbox delegation, those functions will be added.
- Please subscribe to Issue #8 for updates on this topic
- If you have scripts running that use the delegation functions, please have those scripts explicitly import the legacy version or avoid updating to 2.0.0 altogether until 2.1.0 is released with the delegation functions working.
- Delegation functions for reference:
Please note that not all functions were ported to PSGSuite 2.0.0 due to restrictions within the .NET SDK and deprecated API calls. Here is the list of functions no longer existing in PSGSuite as of 2.0.0:
- Get-GSToken: no need for this as the keys are being consumed by Googles Auth SDK directly now, which makes Access/Refresh tokens non-existent for P12 Key service accounts and token management is handled automatically
- Revoke-GSToken: same here, no longer needed due to auth service changes
- Start-PSGSuiteConfigWizard: no longer supported as WPF is not compatible outside of Windows
All other functions are either intact or have an alias included to support backwards compatibility in scripts. Full list of aliases:
Alias Maps To ----- ------- Add-GSDriveFilePermissions Add-GSDrivePermission Export-PSGSuiteConfiguration Set-PSGSuiteConfig Get-GSCalendarResourceList Get-GSResourceList Get-GSDataTransferApplicationList Get-GSDataTransferApplication Get-GSDriveFileInfo Get-GSDriveFile Get-GSDriveFilePermissionsList Get-GSDrivePermission Get-GSGmailFilterList Get-GSGmailFilter Get-GSGmailLabelList Get-GSGmailLabel Get-GSGmailMessageInfo Get-GmailMessage Get-GSGroupList Get-GSGroup Get-GSGroupMemberList Get-GSGroupMember Get-GSMobileDeviceList Get-GSMobileDevice Get-GSOrganizationalUnitList Get-GSOrganizationalUnit Get-GSOrgUnit Get-GSOrganizationalUnit Get-GSOrgUnitList Get-GSOrganizationalUnit Get-GSOU Get-GSOrganizationalUnit Get-GSResourceList Get-GSResource Get-GSShortURLInfo Get-GSShortURL Get-GSTeamDrivesList Get-GSTeamDrive Get-GSUserASPList Get-GSUserASP Get-GSUserLicenseInfo Get-GSUserLicense Get-GSUserLicenseList Get-GSUserLicense Get-GSUserList Get-GSUser Get-GSUserSchemaInfo Get-GSUserSchema Get-GSUserSchemaList Get-GSUserSchema Get-GSUserTokenList Get-GSUserToken Import-PSGSuiteConfiguration Get-PSGSuiteConfig Move-GSGmailMessageToTrash Remove-GSGmailMessage New-GSCalendarResource New-GSResource Remove-GSGmailMessageFromTrash Restore-GSGmailMessage Set-PSGSuiteDefaultDomain Switch-PSGSuiteConfig Switch-PSGSuiteDomain Switch-PSGSuiteConfig Update-GSCalendarResource Update-GSResource Update-GSSheetValue Export-GSSheet