E Sports: Competitive Advantage
What problem does it solve
Competitive Advantage quantifies a fighting game players' tournament results and gives the user a detailed report on the player. The players' percieved weaknesses, strengths, and best characters to use vs the player are all suggested and can be used to determine the most efficient strategy to defeat the opponent.
As a person trying to see details on my opponent, I want to be able to search for the opponent.
As a person trying to figure out what character to use vs my opponent, I want to see a list of characters who have defeated my opponent and her/his chosen character in order from most losses to least.
As a person trying to figure out the best strategy to use vs my opponent, I want to see my opponents strengths and weaknesses with a suggested strategy.
As a person trying to study my opponents losses, I want to be able to watch footage of the loss if it exists.
As a person trying to study my opponents wins, I want to be able to watch footage of the win if it exists.
- Node.js - The runtime environment used to create my server.
- Express.js - The framework used to create my server
- mongoDB - The NoSQL database used to store the applications data.
- mongoosejs - Serves to model my data in my database.
- React.js - Used to create the Applications UI
- express-session - Middleware/cookie used to track the users session
- body-parser - Middleware for parsing incoming request bodies
- method-override - Middleware used to override HTTP Verbs
- HTML5 - Front end technology used to create the basic layout of each web page
Requirements for install/use
App is available HERE
Recommended desktop browsers
- google chrome