This is a ground up implementation VR window overlay manager built on openVR. Use it to add netflix video playback inside your game, keep track of your twitch chat stream, or to have a quick reference to those pesky warp routes in your favorite VR space sim. The uses are up to your imagination.
You can download the current release here
- Add as many window overlays as want!
- Tracking to controllers, HMD and VR space
- Controller Controls
- Touch Pad is segmented into four quadrants
- Top Left and Right control overlay scaling
- Bottom Left and Right control overlay opacity
- Trigger will move the overlay
- Grip Button will toggle tracking mode for the overlay
- To use, place the controller into the middle of the overlay and press the corresponding button
- Adjustable update rates
- Having multiple overlays running at 60fps can add overhead to any VR game/application also running, lowering this value will diminish the impact
- Ground up optimized implementation
- Low CPU utilization to keep your games running at 90fps
- Hotkey toggling
- State saving
- VR menu system
- Gamepad Support
- This won't work for all windows, only those with DWM drawing
- Solution for Chrome: disable hardware acceleration
- Using the controller to move the overlays results in shaky angular movements. This will be addressed in future release.
- Minimized applications will not draw
- Changing an overlay to spacial tracking does not perfectly replicate positioning