This is my "business card" website. It's designed to be a simple and fast landing page that links to my online profiles and ways to contact me.
- fast load time
- works on "any" browser
These are of course only soft, non-measurable goals, but I couldn't be bothered to define them more formally.
- Uses CSS transformations, animations and gradients for eyecandy.
- Designed responsively for all screen sizes.
- On smaller screens, there will be no rotation or shadow, the card spans the full screen width.
- If the screen gets even smaller, the avatar image disappears and the link lists are displayed vertically.
- Progressive enhancement instead of graceful degradation: The stylesheet even works (95%) when the browser doesn't support media queries. And since the HTML is clean and simple, your browser doesn't even have to support CSS at all.
- I've tested the page in a CLI browsers. elinks has a nasty bug, but I'll find a workaround.
- I've inlined the PNG texture of the business card using a data URL to save one HTTP request. I'm thinking about inlining the CSS as well.
- Chrome 70
- Firefox 63
- Edge 42
- Internet Explorer 11
- w3m 0.5
- elinks 0.12