General Info and Prerequisites
This script deploys 3 VMs on GCE and then installs and configures a Scylla cluster
- VM defaults: n1-standard-2 with CentOS7 image and 2 SSD drives, 80GB storage per node, installed with latest Scylla 2.0 release
- Supported OS: RHEL7 / CentOS7 / Ubuntu 14.04 / Ubuntu 16.04 / Debian8
Instructions and Usage Examples
How to run
- Download these 2 files
- chmod the bash file to make it executable and run the script with the needed flag/s (or use the defaults)
- Note the prerequisites which are mentioned also in the HELP output (
Note: For ease of use, run it from a GCE VM, as it comes with gcloud included and enables direct access to your GCP project. The VM must have full Cloud API access (can be set only when VM is powered-off).
./gce_deploy_and_install_scylla_cluster.sh -h Description =========== This script deploys 3 VMs on GCE and creates a Scylla cluster VM defaults: n1-standard-2 with CentOS 7 image and 2 SSD drives, 80GB storage per node Prerequisites ============= - Ansible 2.3: http://docs.ansible.com/ansible/latest/intro_installation.html - Python 2.7: https://www.python.org/download/releases/2.7 - Google Cloud SDK: https://cloud.google.com/sdk/downloads Note: For ease of use, you should run this script from a GCE VM, as it comes with gcloud SDK included. - The VM *MUST* have *FULL* access to all Cloud APIs (can be set only when VM is powered-off). Usage ===== -p GCP project in which Scylla will be deployed (default: skilled-adapter-452). Usage: type '-p [MyProject]' -z Zone in which Scylla VMs will be deployed (default: us-east1-b). Usage: type '-z [Zone]' -t VM type (default: n1-standard-2). Example: to set n1-standard-8, type '-t n1-standard-8' -s SSD size in GB (default: 40), each VM has 2 SSD drives -n Use NVMe drives instead of SSD drives -c Number of NVMe drives (NVMe size: 375GB) to deploy per node (default: 2). Example: to deploy 4 drives, type '-c4' -v Scylla release to be installed (default: 2.0). Example: to set 1.7, type '-v1.7' Select VM Image (default: CentOS 7) -u Ubuntu 16 -d Debian 8 -r RHEL 7 -b Ubuntu 14 -h Display this help and exit
./gce_deploy_and_install_scylla_cluster.sh -t16 -n -c5 -v1.6
- This will deploy 3 VMs (n1-standard-16) with CentOS7 image and 5 NVMe drives per node, each 375GB. It will then install and configure the latest Scylla 1.6 release
./gce_deploy_and_install_scylla_cluster.sh -t4 -s100 -u
- This will deploy 3 VMs (n1-standard-4) with Ubuntu16 image and 2 SSD drives per node, each 100GB. It will then then install and configure the latest Scylla 2.0 release
See Scylla releases here.