Alternator is an open-source project for an Amazon DynamoDB™-compatible API. Alternator runs within Scylla. Enabling it is as simple as editing the yaml configuration. Existing DynamoDB clients would simply be pointed at the Scylla cluster. No other client coding is required.
- Project Alternator - Home page and high-level description
- Getting Started - From installation to running simple scripts
- AWS DynamoDB compatibility - List of features currently implemented.
- Design and implementation - Detailed design and implementation considerations.
- Alternator Monitoring - using Scylla Monitoring Stack to watch your cluster's performance and uptime.
- Scylla Migrator - An Apache Spark-based tool for migrating data between Scylla clusters, or from Cassandra to Scylla has been updated to also support migrations between DynamoDB to Scylla.
- Migrating from DynamoDB to Scylla’s DynamoDB-compatible API - 12 Sep 2019
- Scylla Alternator: The Open Source DynamoDB-compatible API - 11 Sep 2019
- Tic Tac Toe - Demo app (from the Getting Started guide)
- Working With Scylla DynamoDB compatible API from an AWS Lambda Function - An example of a serverless implementation
- Work with Alternator and AWS CLI - Managing Scylla using the AWS unified command line tools.
- Testing Alternator with YCSB - An update of our Scylla vs. DynamoDB Benchmark