Vue VSCode Extension Pack
A collection of extensions for working with Vue Applications in VS Code
These are some of my favorite extensions to make Vue application development easier and fun.
- Vetur - Includes support for .vue files, including but not limited to: Syntax-highlighting, Emmet, Linting / Error Checking, Formatting, Auto Completion, Debugging
- Vue Snippets - These are my own snippets to supercharge Vue application development
- Prettier - Never worry about formatting your code ever again, keep everything consistent with ease. My suggestion is to add
"editor.tabCompletion": true, "editor.formatOnSave": true,to your settings file in preferences.
- Formatting toggle This one is a lifesaver! I love Prettier, but there are times I'm submitting PRs to repos with different formatting rules than I have. Rather than having to either shut off Prettier entirely, update my preferences to match theirs, or submit a noisy PR, I can use this extension to toggle formatting with a quickkey and get everything in! I love it.
- Bracket Pair Colorizer - This extension allows matching brackets to be identified with colours. The user can define which characters to match, and which colours to use. Super handy!
- Bookmarks - Adds a bookmark to places you designate in your file, and allows you to quickly jump between them. Super helpful. Type
command + opt + Kto create a bookmark and
command + opt + Jto jump between them
- Jumpy - We lose a lot of time scanning with a mouse, time we can get back by using our keyboard instead. Jumpy provides fast cursor movement by giving you a couple of keys that offer a hook to get to another part of the document.
- NPM Intellisense - a plugin that autocompletes npm modules in import statements
- Night Owl Syntax highlighting can be a very personal thing, so you might not want to use this, but I worked hard creating a theme you might like. Especially great for your eyes at night, this theme was developed especially with contrast and colorblindness in mind.