This app is the website of SD Ruby, a local Ruby user group based in San Diego, CA.
Currently, this application includes support for our video podcast, member signup and registration, member profiles, and a Github project list. We're also working on adding other features.
- bundle install
- configure config/database.yml with your preferred settings
- import a copy of the database
- rake sunspot:solr:start (to start the solr search engine)
- rake sunspot:solr:reindex (to index the database)
- sass --watch public/stylesheets:public/stylesheets/compiled
- rails s
- rake db:test:prepare (if this is your first time running the tests)
- rspec spec
We also have Guard set up:
Please be sure to run the tests and ensure all are passing before issuing a pull request!
Thanks to UCSD, we're able to record SD Ruby meetings, and publish our talks as a video podcast.
The podcast code can generate both an Atom feed and an RSS feed (with custom iTunes RSS extensions).
The member guide contains a list of all SD Ruby members.
Member profiles can include:
- Full name
- Avatar image
- Github ID
- Ruby experience
- Work availability
- Contact email (if public)
The list of projects shows all Github projects created by SD Ruby members.
Thanks to the following people for contributing to this app.
- Neal Clark
- Rafael Cardoso
- Patrick Crowley
- John Cozen
- Jimmy Cuadra
- Jordan Fowler
- Ben Hughes
- Marvin Humphrey
- Sayem Islam
- Rob Kaufman
- Chris Kelly
- Chris McCann
- James Miller
- Dan Simpson
- Nick Zadrozny
Special thanks to the folks at Websolr for providing us with a free hosted search account.