I am a senior software engineer and XP/Lean consultant with a focus on Android based in London.
Senior Software Engineer, Manager at Pivotal
October 2012 - Present
- Working as a full stack engineer and team lead to build mobile apps (Android & iOS), web apps and APIs
- Collaborating with other engineers, data scientists, UX/UI designers and product managers as part of a balanced team
- Helping clients deploy and maintain their products in the Play/App Store and across various cloud platforms (PCF, Heroku etc)
- Mentoring and helping build other engineers' careers as their line manager
- Contributing to the overall direction and management of the office and consulting practice
- Teaching and consulting with technical, product and executive members of client organisations on core development and Lean/XP practices such as pair programming, test driven development, agile product management, lean startup and many others
1 hour food delivery app
One of Britain's largest super markets building out a 1 hour delivery service.
- Taught both Pivotal and client engineers Android while building out Android app to complement existing iOS app
- Mentored client technical and product team leaders throughout their transition from Pivotal to their own office
- Collaborated with data scientists to build and integrate intelligent recommendations for customers
Daily news app
150+ year old global newspaper moving from weekly to daily news.
- Lead a team of engineers to build Android and iOS app in parallel from scratch
- Simultaneously released on Android and iOS to over 300k existing subscribers and new readers
- Collaborated with editorial team and C-Suite project sponsors on working with third party design agency
Internal tool for helping teams run agile retrospectives with remote members.
- Source and lead teams from within Pivotal to build new features for React/Rails web app
- Coordinated moving from a hosted product to a self installed/on premise one
- Maintain open source project (https://postfacto.io)
University of Edinburgh, Computer Science BEng Hons
September 2008 – June 2012
- Degree Classification: 2:1
- Dissertation: Implementing Functional Reactive Programming in Scala