Where to find the releases? The link to the releases is somewhat hidden in plain sight - to help with this, you can just click this link to get to the releases page: https://github.com/seanmcne/OrgDbOrgSettings/releases
Project Description This is a utility allowing admins of Dynamics CRM Online & onPrem (2016) to edit organization database settings otherwise known as OrgDBOrgSettings
This utility allows you to edit your settings without the use of the command line utility in the KB article documenting "OrgDBOrgSettings." The utility is written using the CRM SDK as a reference and currently all changes and retrieval of settings are done via the CRM's OData Endpoint. The utility is provided as a managed webresource that can easily be installed and uninstalled from your CRM environment.
Where to I find it after installing? The OrgDBSettings utility is installed as a managed CRM solution. As a result I have decided to keep it out of the sitemap and leave it as a Configuration Page in the solution. To find the editor, go to "Settings", then "Solutions", within the solutions double click on "Organization Settings Editor" this will launch the solution configuration automatically. Note: During beta testing I received feedback asking for the utility to have it's own place in the sitemap however, after discussing with some partners and developers they suggested leaving it out due to possible dependency conflicts.
- CRM 2016 and higher in IE11, Edge, Chrome, Firefox, and Safari on Mac.
- NOTE for IE: you must be running in non-compatability / standards mode.
- NOTE: Some browser configurations block XDR's (cross domain requests) and thus will not get the benefit of update warnings - if you're impacted by this you can disable any addins that block these requests, alternatively keep checking back on this site for updates.
- If you're using IE please read this article on CRM Disable IE Compatibility Mode
The importing of this managed solution will include the following components:
- JQuery http://jquery.com/
- JSON2 http://www.json.org/
- OrgDBOrgSettings.html How to use the editor
- settings.xml What is Settings.xml
- AzureMobile Azure Portal, MSDN AzureMobile Services, and AzureMobile Preview Signup
How do I install just the zip file from this site?
- Go to the releases page https://github.com/seanmcne/OrgDbOrgSettings/releases
- Download the zip release - do not download the source, make sure to download the solution zip file
- Once you download the zip file upload this solution into your CRM/CE/CDS instance by navigating to Settings | Solutions then click the Import button in the command bar.
- Once completed you now can use the editor to alter any settings that need to be changed or viewed