+ [expo "26.0.0"] + [org.omcljs/om "1.0.0-beta1"] + [reagent "0.7.0"] + [re-frame "0.9.3"] + [rum "0.11.1"] - [boot *broken*]
Pull requests welcome! I don't know enough about
Boot (or have enough time to learn) to support them!
- Reusable codebase for iOS and Android
- Fast development feedback loops with REPL live coding (via Figwheel)
- Easily test and publish your apps without installing XCode or Android Studio
- Source map support when debugging Clojurescript
- Supports React wrappers Reagent and Om.Next
- Expo Documentation
- Expo Slack #clojurescript
- Clojure Slack #cljsrn
- Hire me. I'm available for contract work and am happy to help you and your team quickly get up to speed creating your Clojurescript React Native app. :)
Dependencies (install these first)
1. Create your project
lein new expo your-project +reagent lein new expo your-project +om lein new expo your-project +rum
2. Change into your project's directory
3. Install npm dependencies
4. Start figwheel
To auto-compile Clojurescript code and provide a development REPL
5. Start XDE and open the project's directory
From here you can Publish, Share, or run the app on a device. See Expo's documentation for more info.
6. [optional] Set lan-ip option via file:
Create file named .lan-ip with your ip. This ip will be used by figwheel to connect via websockets. If this file is not present it gets the ip from the system.
In linux you can execute the following line to create the file.
To add new assets or npm modules
js/requireit somewhere in your code:
(def cljs-logo (js/require "./assets/images/cljs.png")) (def FontAwesome (js/require "@expo/vector-icons/FontAwesome"))
- Reload simulator or device
1. Clean the build directory
2. Create a production build
Production builds use
- Try out the :externs-inference setting in the clojurescript compiler. It should be enabled by default in newer versions of this template.
- Use an interop package like cljs-oops for all
jsinterop as dot references can get mangled
- Add your externs manually to
As this is only an initial template, you'll want to upgrade to newer versions of
Honestly, it's usually as easy as reading the latest blog post for the new version
and following the upgrade directions at the bottom. It usually comes down to:
- Updating the sdkVersion in
- Updating the react dependencies in
- Deleting your .node_modules directory
- Running yarn to install the updated dependencies
- Reopen your project in XDE and press “Restart” to clear the packager cache, or run exp start -c if you use use exp
Sometimes you'll need to upgrade clojurescript rendering dependencies (
om-next), and in that case I recommend checking
the issues/commits in this project for solutions.
- Make sure you disable "Live Reload" and "Hot Reload" from the Developer Menu. (Figwheel does this better!)
- cljs-exponent by @tiensonqin (forked from original author)
- re-natal by @drapanjanas (heavily borrowed from)
- exp-cljstest by @nikki93
Copyright © 2017 Sean Tempesta
Distributed under the Eclipse Public License either version 1.0 or (at your option) any later version.