Twitter has discontinued its unauthenticated v1.0 API, so this widget has stopped working as of 2013-06-11.
Twitter wants your only option for on-page widgets to be their own Embedded Timelines, but there are workarounds which involve installing server-side code to support this widget. Please see this discussion for more details.
See tweet.seaofclouds.com, or the bundled
- small size and fast download time
- will not slow down or pause your page while tweets are loading
- display up to 100 tweets, as permitted by the twitter search api
- display tweets from a twitter search, or from your own feed
- optional verb tense matching, for human readable tweets
- optionally display your avatar
- optionally display tweets from multiple accounts!
- automatic linking of @replies to users’ twitter page
- automatic linking of URLs
- automatic linking of #hashtags, to a twitter search of all your tags
- converts <3 to a css styleable ♥ (we ♥ hearts)
- customize the style with your own stylesheet or with other jquery plugins
- customize the layout with a user-defined template function
- available on cdnjs
include jQuery and jquery.tweet.js files in your template's
<head>, Initialize tweet! on page load with your Username and other options
<body>, include a placeholder for your tweets. They'll get loaded in via JSON. How fancy!
Style with our stylesheet in
<head>, or modify as you like!
<link href="jquery.tweet.css" media="all" rel="stylesheet" type="text/css"/>
Bring your code slinging skills to Github and help us develop new features for tweet!
git clone git://github.com/seaofclouds/tweet.git
Report bugs at http://github.com/seaofclouds/tweet/issues