MailPoet bbPress Add-on
Contributors: wysija, sebd86 Tags: mailpoet, wysija, bbpress, sebs studio, extension, add-on Requires at least: 3.7.1 Tested up to: 3.8.1 Stable tag: trunk License: GPLv2 or later License URI: http://www.gnu.org/licenses/gpl-2.0.html
Adds a new field to the registration form. Requires the use of [bbp-register] shortcode.
Enables your new forum members to subscribe to a newsletter while registering on the forum.
A opt-in option is available on the users profile page to unsubcribe if they wish.
- English (en_US) [Default] - always included. mailpoet-bbpress-addon.pot file in language folder for translations.
If you would like to do a translation for the plugin, you can do so via Transifex. (https://www.transifex.com/projects/p/mailpoet-bbpress-add-on/)
Simply select or add a language you want to translate in and I will attach the language in the next version release. You will need an account on Transifex to do this.
If you have done a translation via PoEdit, then you are welcome to send that also. To send your translation files contact me. (http://www.sebs-studio.com/contact/?contacting=Translations)
I'll acknowledge your contribution here with either your full name or username given.
For all documentation on this plugin go to: https://github.com/seb86/MailPoet-bbPress-Add-on/wiki/
To contribute to the plugin, visit https://github.com/seb86/MailPoet-bbPress-Add-on/blob/master/CONTRIBUTING.md for details.
Automatic installation is the easiest option as WordPress handles the file transfers itself and you don't even need to leave your web browser. To do an automatic install of MailPoet bbPress Add-On, log in to your WordPress admin panel, navigate to the Plugins menu and click Add New.
In the search field type "MailPoet bbPress Add-On" and click Search Plugins. Once you've found my plugin extension you can view details about it such as the the point release, rating and description. Most importantly of course, you can install it by simply clicking Install Now. After clicking that link you will be asked if you're sure you want to install the plugin. Click yes and WordPress will automatically complete the installation.
The manual installation method involves downloading my plugin and uploading it to your webserver via your favourite FTP application.
- Download the plugin file to your computer and unzip it
- Using an FTP program, or your hosting control panel, upload the unzipped plugin folder to your WordPress installation's wp-content/plugins/ directory.
- Activate the plugin from the Plugins menu within the WordPress admin.
Frequently Asked Questions
None at the moment.
Automatic updates should work like a charm; as always though, ensure you backup your site just in case.
- Registration page created with the shortcode [bbp-register], a checkbox field is added allowing the user to subscribe to the newsletter/s you select when they register.
- General Settings, enable the checkbox to appear on the checkout page along with the label of your choosing.
- MailPoet Lists, select the lists the customer will be subscribed to.
1.0.0 - 28/03/2014
- Initial Release.
- First release