mp3 ripping http proxy (hack!), by Sebastian Volland, based on Jonas Wagner's HTTPRipper.
- commandline tool, no anoying gui
- acts as http proxy
- every file with mimetype audio/mpeg is saved as .mp3 file in a directory
- filenames are constructed using their id3-tag (
00-artist-album.mp3where 00 is the track number)
- if id3 tag contains no track number, the track number is automatically incremented for each song per album
- python with id3lib (macports package py-id3lib), and probably some other libraries
tested on max osx 10.7.4 with macports. should work on linux and maybe also windows.
- start server:
python httpmp3ripper.py 8080 /tmp/mp3(where 8080 is the listen port and
- set your system proxy to 127.0.0.1:8080
- press play/record/whatever in your app/website you want to intercept
- new mp3s are stored in target directory
- if you are done, press ctrl+c to stop the http proxy